A remote Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) is a quick, straightforward way for SKAN customers to perform the test from their own premises, without any additional effort. Our extensive experience in carrying out remote FATs enables us to understand individual customer needs and provide a tailored service. Because our remote FAT is also extremely flexible, it can be adapted to individual requirements.
A remote FAT offers plenty of advantages for companies looking to reduce costs and make their processes more efficient:
- Reduced travel costs: Lower travel costs as the participants can join from any location worldwide.
- Scalability: The test can be adapted to individual needs and allows the customer to quickly and easily add as many relevant persons as required, ensuring that all necessary parties are involved.
- Ease of use: The application is user-friendly and requires minimal preparation, saving both time and resources.
- Customized application: The test is tailored to the needs of the individual customer.
- How does the remote FAT work?
The remote FAT is similar in structure to a standard on-site FAT at SKAN. Our project managers work with the customer to design a tailored plan, which is then carried out together with the relevant employees. Throughout the test, each step is transmitted by live video stream and any issues that arise are discussed. Multiple cameras are used to observe the tested equipment from all angles, so the online participants can see everything. The plan also allows enough scope to examine the customer’s specific processes.
- Can the conventional on-site FAT be combined with a remote FAT?
If you don’t want to dispense entirely with a conventional FAT, then it can be advantageously combined with a remote FAT. Not all of the customer’s employees need to be available throughout the entire test. We actually recommend opting for this combination so that key decision-makers can join in when necessary without interfering with their day-to-day work. The customer benefits from savings in travel costs, while selective consultation minimises the workload for employees.
- Can the interaction be recorded?
During a remote FAT, interactions can be recorded as short videos and various tests can be archived for future use. This provides a record of the basis for decisions and allows any later questions to be clarified. However, we do not recommend recording the whole of the remote FAT. Instead, our project managers will work with you to identify the key parts that are suitable for recording. This allows important information to be acquired without wasting unnecessary time and resources.