SKAN, headquartered in Switzerland with a strong US presence, is a global leader in the pharmaceutical industry for its cleanroom equipment. This equipment is routinely used in vaccine development, production of pharmaceutical products, and other critical operations to ensure the safety and quality of pharmaceutical drugs.
Our US base is comprised of a parts business, a field service/assembly team, a microbiology team, a documentation qualification department, and a field qualification team, among other administrative functions.
SKAN is experiencing rapid growth and is looking forward to welcome several members to the SKAN family in 2022!
- Interacting and conversing with both external customers and internal SKAN Sales, Service, and technical support personnel.
- Organizing and managing the full scope of the project at the customer, including:
- identifying necessary spare parts, advising customer how to order the parts and ensuring order is received
- coordinating times when the equipment will be available with the customer, scheduling own tasks accordingly to complete maintenance
- identify and implement corrective actions for out-of-parameter results detected on the service job/maintenance, eg necessary parts replacements and/or documentation requirements
- making decisions on handling customer requests within the scope of the service job/maintenance, eg
- reacting to changes in machine availability and deciding/implementing adjusted service job/maintenance schedule while on site
- Evaluating if potential additional work requested by the customer is within the scope of the service job/maintenance and coordination of execution
- Contacting Service Sales to obtain quotation for out-of-scope customer requests, advising on expected timeframe, and after receipt of additional purchase order from customer, ensuring implementation of additional work
- Spearheading handover discussions with the customer post-assembly and post-maintenance, ensuring customer satisfaction and answering any outstanding questions
- Conducting basic client training on-site with regards to proper operation of devices
- Following through on punch list items with the customer
- Managing time and workload to ensure that jobs are completed within expected timelines, including scheduling own travel, flights, and other accommodations, and coordinating with other parties in preparation for starting work at the customer site
- Provide preventative maintenance and calibration services at the customer location.
- Perform requalification services on pharmaceutical isolators to include air flow analysis, HEPA filtration scanning etc.
- Support SKAN US sales team for technical resolutions
- Provide upgrade support for specialty service products to include control conversions and Wireless Glove Testing qualification and validation.
- Creating detailed work reports
- Receiving and performing on-the-job, site-specific technical training
- Mentor new Field Service Representatives
- All other assigned tasks as determined by management.
- Successful completion of the corporate SKAN US Academy. SKAN Academy is an in-depth, ISO-certified 8-week training course specific to the SKAN line of isolators.
- High energy and self-motivation
- The ability to work under limited supervision in an autonomous condition
- Professional experience in field service and general mechanics, preferably with a pharmaceutical or laboratory equipment background
- Strong customer focus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- PLC understanding
- User knowledge of a basic electricity, electronics and instrumentation, calibration, and general mechanics.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail when following SOPs.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand technical documentation including but not limited to schematics, P&ID, wiring diagrams and work instructions.
- Enjoy working in a team but able to work independently
- The ability to successfully coordinate and manage several aspects of a project within deadlines and under pressure
- High level of personal and corporate responsibility
- Independent, solution-oriented working method
- Strong analytical thinking
- Willingness to travel domestic and international up to 80% with some weekend travel.
- Willingness to travel to SKAN AG in Basel Switzerland for multiple-week training and team exchange sessions
- Competent appearance towards the customers
- Knowledge of technical expertise, cGMP standards, OSHA requirements, FDA and EU guidance related to aseptic production, USP and EP standards are all very desirable.
- Fluency with MS Office Suite and IT products
- Fluent in English. German language fluency is a plus
- Must be able to lift to 75 lbs.
- Job requirements include performing isolator installations (uncrating, assembling, site testing, and other installation support) and performing full SKAN cGMP preventative maintenance, trouble shooting, training, documentation reviews, and providing periodic emergency 24/7 support for all SKAN isolators and miscellaneous equipment
Education and experience:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in a specialized, related Life Sciences or Engineering field or a combination of relevant education and work experience, such as:
- An associate degree, certificate, or time spent in college plus;
- Technical Training, Electrical,(Mechanical,Mechatronics through the military), etc. and prior experience in cGMP or other heavily regulated industries
What can we offer you?
- An open corporate culture and teamwork
- Short decision-making paths and flat hierarchies
- Intensive orientation and training programs through our SKAN Academy
- Excellent base salary with potential annual bonus opportunity
- Monthly car allowance
- Major medical, dental and vision for employee and family
- Short-term and long-term disability for employees
- 401K with 100% company match up to 6% immediately vested
- 15 paid vacation days and nine observed company holidays per year, generous rollover policy
If you have any questions, please contact Tiffany Rusnak via email@example.com