SKAN, headquartered in Switzerland with a strong US presence, is a global leader in the pharmaceutical industry for its cleanroom equipment. This equipment is routinely used in vaccine development, production of pharmaceutical products, and other critical operations to ensure the safety and quality of pharmaceutical drugs.
Our US base is comprised of a parts business, a field service/assembly team, a microbiology team, a documentation qualification department, and a field qualification team, among other administrative functions.
SKAN is experiencing rapid growth and is looking forward to welcome several members to the SKAN family in 2023!
- Technical Training in Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics associate degree with a bachelor’s degree preferred. Military training and or job-related experience.
- Experience in cGMP environment with experience working in heavy regulated industries.
- Must be outgoing, professional in appearance, and can interact and converse with both external customers and internal SKAN Sales, Service, and Technical support personnel.
- Professional experience in Field service and general mechanics, preferably with a pharmaceutical or laboratory equipment background
- Customer Centric
- PLC understanding
- User knowledge of a basic electricity, electronics and instrumentation, calibration and general mechanics.
- Ability to follow SOP’s, follow instructions, with attention to detail.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to read, interpret and understand technical documentation including but not limited to schematics, P&ID, wiring diagrams and work instructions.
- Have a strong customer focus
- Enjoy working in a team
- Coordination ability and ability to work under pressure
- High Level of personal and corporate responsibility
- Independent, solution-oriented working method
- Strong analytical thinking
- Willingness to travel domestic and international up to 75%.
- Willingness to travel to SKAN AG in Basel Switzerland for training and team exchange session
- Competent appearance towards the customers
- Carry out the work in an accurate independent manner
- Previous laboratory, pharmaceutical knowledge preferred
- Knowledge and technical expertise cGMP Standards, OSHA requirements, FDA and EU guidance related to aseptic production, USP and EP standards are all very desirable.
- Fluency with MS Office Suite and IT products is required
- Fluent in English. German language fluency is a plus
- Must be able to lift to 75 lbs.
- Travel to customer sites to provide installation services working in teams.
- Startup of SKAN equipment post assembly
- After successful completion of SKAN Academy and after a determined required amount of time installing pharmaceutical isolators, troubleshooting service and equipment repair and processing of customer tickets in the context of field service and support requests will be necessary.
- Provide Preventative maintenance and calibration services at the customer location.
- Perform requalification services on pharmaceutical isolators to include air flow analysis, HEPA filtration scanning etc.
- Support SKAN US sales team for technical resolutions
- Provide upgrade support for specialty service products to include control conversions and Wireless Glove Testing qualification and validation.
- All other assigned tasks as determined by management.
What can we offer you?
- An open corporate culture and teamwork
- Short decision-making paths and flat hierarchies
- Intensive orientation and training programs through our SKAN Academy
- Excellent base salary with potential annual bonus opportunity
- Major medical, dental and vision for employee and family
- Short-term and long-term disability for employees
- 401K with 100% company match up to 6% immediately vested
- 15 paid vacation days and nine observed company holidays per year, generous rollover policy
If you have any questions, please contact Tiffany Rusnak via email@example.com