SKAN, headquartered in Switzerland with a strong US presence, is a global leader in the pharmaceutical industry for its cleanroom equipment. This equipment is routinely used in vaccine development, production of pharmaceutical products, and other critical operations to ensure the safety and quality of pharmaceutical drugs.
Our US base is comprised of a parts business, a field service/assembly team, a microbiology team, a documentation qualification department, and a field qualification team, among other administrative functions.
SKAN is experiencing rapid growth and is looking forward to welcome several members to the SKAN family in 2022!
- Execute cycle development and microbiological qualification projects for SKAN isolators, airlocks, and other containment products.
- Provide technical support for all North American customers (or prospective customers) related to SKAN Biological Indicators, SKAN SOP’s in Cycle Development, Cycle Re-Qualification, Documentation, and QC Processes.
- Perform isolator demonstrations as sales support for customers visiting SKAN US Raleigh (and sometimes while visiting customer sites) for selected SKAN products.
- Understanding of SKAN technical services, applications in Lab/QC microbiology, environmental monitoring, documentation and SKAN Quality Systems.
This position is based out of our SKAN US facility in Raleigh, NC. The position reports directly to the Microbiology/Validation and Qualification Documentation Services Manager at SKAN US. The SKAN US Microbiologist will be required to travel to customer locations throughout North America and periodically to SKAN AG, in Basel, Switzerland. The travel requirement is estimated at 50%-70% during weekdays, and will include some initial weekend travel when training in Basel, Switzerland .
This position is based out of our SKAN US facility in Raleigh, NC. The position reports directly to the Microbiological Lab, Documentation and Quality Assurance Manager at SKAN US. The SKAN US Microbiologist may be required to travel to customer locations throughout North America and periodically to SKAN AG, in Basel, Switzerland. The travel requirement is estimated at 10-15% during weekdays and will include some initial weekend travel when training in Basel, Switzerland. The travel may be more important at the beginning of employment for training purposes.
- Must be outgoing, professional in appearance, and have the ability to interact and converse with both external customers and internal SKAN Sales, Service, and Technical support personnel.
- Ability to follow SOP’s, follow instructions, with attention to detail and final report generation.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong customer focus
- Carry out the work in an accurate independent manner
- Previous laboratory, pharmaceutical knowledge preferred
- Fluency with MS Office Suite products is required
- Fluent in English. German language fluency is a plus
- Must be able to lift over 35 lbs
Education and experience:
- Four Year degree BS in Biology or related Science or Engineering or similar degree required.
- Previous laboratory, pharmaceutical microbiology, sterilization process qualification, and/or quality control related documentation background is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and technical expertise related to H2O2 decontamination, QC Microbiology Lab operations, cGMP Standards, OSHA requirements, FDA and EU guidance related to aseptic production, USP and EP standards related to biological indicators and sterility testing are all very desirable.
What can we offer you?
- An open corporate culture and teamwork
- Short decision-making paths and flat hierarchies
- Intensive orientation and training programs through our SKAN Academy
- Excellent base salary with potential annual bonus opportunity
- Monthly car allowance
- Major medical, dental and vision for employee and family
- Short-term and long-term disability for employee
- 401K with 100% company match up to 6% immediately vested
- 15 paid vacation days and nine observed company holidays per year, generous rollover policy
If you have any questions, please contact Tiffany Rusnak via firstname.lastname@example.org